Handwriting is a complex skill that isn’t always taught directly.
As occupational therapists we know it’s a complicated skill that requires numerous components. We see children with or without a disability having difficulty with handwriting.
Learning how to master handwriting skills helps increase brain activity so that children can effectively learn how to:
– Develop fine motor skills.
– Gain self-control and independence
– Increase focus and improve memory.
– Improve self-confidence.
Our handwriting club is a fantastic way to learn handwriting skills in fun, engaging ways using multisensory strategies to get children motivated about practicing and developing their handwriting skills.
Who is our club for?
– Children aged 5 to 12 years of age (classes are split into 3 age ranges to make sure the content is age appropriate)
– Children with all abilities (including all sensory and physical differences)
– Children who want to actively improve their handwriting performance at school.
Our sessions will help children to feel reassured knowing they are not alone in their struggles with writing. Class sizes are restricted to 5 children per session.
Cost, dates and times:
The cost is £125 for the full week, 5 x 1 hours sessions including all resources and handouts. Children need to attend a full course over the 5 days.
Two different weeks during the summer:
Monday 14th August to Friday 18th August
Monday 21st August to Friday 25th August
09:30 – 10: 30 for 5 to 6 year olds
11:30 – 12:30 for 7 to 9 year olds
15.30 – 16:30 for 10 to 12 year olds
Location: All our sessions will be held at Broadstone Mill, 332 Broadstone Rd, Reddish, Stockport SK5 7DL
To book call our office on 0161 749 7727 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org